This is the thrilling prequel (featuring me) to the 8 episode micro-series!
January 13, 2014 at 8:00pm
In the Falls Theatre | View Seating Chart
Running Time: 2 hours (including an intermission)
Seattle’s home grown radio theater comes to ACT with the first of four shows to be recorded LIVE this year in the Falls Theatre. New plays, poetry, and adaptations of classic literature created especially for radio and scored with live sound effects and music.
This all new episode features:
- The latest adventure of “Cousin Katie” by Scot Augustson starring Annette Toutonghi and featuring Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings and Chef in the Hat Thierry Rautureau
- “Collect Everything” by Vincent Delaney inaugurates our new sci-fi serial “Beyond The Box”
- PSAs by Elizabeth Heffron shine some love on Capitol Hill Housing and Scarecrow Video
- Paul Mullin ramps up the action in his angel noir serial “Markheim” with Charles Leggett
- Soprano Megan Chenovick, baritone Danny Oakden, mezzo Melina Pyron, tenor Marcus Shelton, and pianist Beth Kirchoff bring you the love quartet from “Rigoletto”
- “The Happy Prince” by Oscar Wilde receives the SRL treatment
- Wayne Rawley serves up a surprising menu at “Mom’s Diner”
- Plus poetry, our fabulous live sfx, and more!
Part of the series: Sandbox Radio LIVE!
Click here listen or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. Also available on Stitcher.
Leslie Law, Creator/Director/Co-Producer/Emcee
Leslie is the creator of Sandbox Radio and has been a theater professional in the Pacific Northwest since receiving her M.F.A. at the University of Washington in 1991. She is an award-winning actor who has appeared on most of the stages in the Northwest, including ACT, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle Children’s Theatre, The 5th Avenue Theatre, and Village Theatre, as well as regionally across the country. She is a core member of Endangered Species Project, which produces great neglected plays with local professional theater artists. For more:www.endangeredspeciesproject.org.
Jose Gonzales, Composer/Music Director
As a pianist, vocalist, and composer, Jose performs live regularly around the region, both solo and with his jazz trio, He has recorded several albums and is also a professional actor. He has appeared as a musician and actor at Intiman Theatre, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Seattle Children’s Theatre, Strawberry Theatre Workshop, and more. A native of Arlington, WA, he received his B.F.A. in Acting at Cornish College of the Arts.
Richard Ziman, Co-Producer/Performer
Richard is an actor and director with over 30 years experience on stage and screen. He has appeared on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and extensively in regional theaters including here at ACT, Intiman Theatre, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Village Theatre, Seattle Shakespeare Company, and The 5th Avenue Theatre. Directing work includes the premier of Greensward by R. Hamilton Wright for Circus Theatricals in L.A, A.R. Gurney’s The Cocktail Hour for Houston’s Stages Theatre, and the world premier of Eric Blau’s musical Dali Off-Broadway. Most recently in Seattle he helmed Sandbox Radio’s Das Barbecü in Concert and has directed multiple times for 14/48: The World’s Quickest Theater Festival. Richard is a native New Yorker and a graduate of the Juilliard School. He is a core member of Endangered Species Project.
Sandbox Radio Orchestra:
Piano…………………..Jose “Juicy” Gonzales
Drums …………………Daniel Tierney
Sandbox Radio Players:
Megan Ahiers, Eric Ray Anderson, Shawn Belyea, Christine Marie Brown, Rik Deskin, Nik Doner, Sarah Harlett, Tracy Hyland, Reginald Andre Jackson, Laura Kenny, Charles Leggett, Paul Mullin, David Natale, Peter Dylan O’Connor, Larry Paulsen, Rebecca Olson, Naho Shioya, Daniel Tierney, Annette Toutonghi, Kathryn Van Meter, Seanjohn Walsh, and Richard Ziman.